Renting a Community Center, Park or Athletic Field
- Please carry in and carry out your trash
- No overnight parking allowed in parks
- Permits are required for any organized event or game on all courts, open areas and fields.
- The following parks have porta toilets: Rollins, Martin, Memorial Field, White, Keach, Merrill, Beaver Meadow and Rolfe. These are intended for use by regular park users. For events groups may be required to provide their own porta toilets at their own expense.
- Dog owners are require to "scoop the poop". Pick up and remove your dogs waste. Dogs are also required to be on a leash.
- No metal detecting in any city parks
- No alcohol allowed in parks without written approval and permits issued by the City of Concord. Please note several parks per their deed are not allowed to host alcohol events.
- If rental is canceled within three weeks of rental there is no refund for rental expense unless weather related issue.
Some users (mainly leagues, special events, fundraisers etc.) will be required to show proof of liability insurance and submit a copy of their Insurance Certificate. Our rental fees for groups and leagues are whether a group is Concord/Penacook group or a nonresident group/league. We use the business address that is listed on your certificate of insurance. We do not allow PO boxes to show if a group is based in Concord or not. Questions please contact the office prior to request use of a field or a center. Please review our special event planning outline Event Planning
To reserve space at the West Street Ward House or the Green Street Community Center please contact email John Dennett or call 603-225-8690.
To reserve space at the new City Wide Community Center or Merrimack Lodge please contact email John Andersch or call 603-225-8690.
If you are requesting a date for a center please submit the Rental Request Form, once a request form is received staff will get back to you within 3 business days. Please note we recommend placing a rental request 30 days in advance.
Parks & Athletic Fields
You can rent a Gazebo, an area of a park for birthday parties, family picnics or even fitness classes. Our athletic fields host games from three local High Schools, many youth baseball/softball/soccer/lacrosse leagues and numerous adult leagues. Several parks also host annual several road races and community special events. If rental is canceled within three weeks of rental there is no refund for rental expense. Please review the Park Rules here.
To reserve a Park or Athletic Field please email John Andersch, or call 603-225-8690. If you are unsure of which park best suites your events’ needs, please feel free to call or set up a meeting with us. Depending on the size and scope of your event, additional permits may be required by the Code Division (for example – food vendors, road closures, large tents, etc.).
We also may require our staff to be onsite (fee), police detail (fee) and require you to bring in extra porta toilets (fee) etc. Extra Porta toilets are required for groups over 75 people, groups are required to provide one porta toilet per 75 people. If you are planning a new event that to be located in a City Park we recommend talking with us five to six months before the date of the event. This will allow time to confirm a location and any additional needed permits.
There are established fees users need to pay prior to using a facility, these fees are approved by City Council annually. In addition to completing a Parks & Recreation Facility Agreement (PDF) and our parks rules, most users (mainly leagues, special events, large gatherings etc.) will be required to show proof of liability insurance and submit a copy of their Insurance Certificate. Our rental fees are whether a group/person is Concord/Penacook group or a nonresident group/league/person. We use the business address that is listed on your certificate of insurance. Leagues and organizations also need to provide us their tax ID number and be in good standing with the State of NH. We do not allow PO boxes to show if a group is based in Concord or not. There must be only one point-of-contact per league; no individual team requests. Questions please contact the office prior to request use of a field or a center.
The scheduling priority of City of Concord Athletic Fields is as follows:
- Concord Parks & Recreation Programs
- Concord School District Youth Programs
- Existing Community Youth/Adult Programs/Leagues
- Concord School District Adult Programs
- New/expanded community/school - leagues/special events Requests need to be made in writing to the Parks & Recreation at least 8 months ahead of time when requesting use of city facilities. Requests are granted only if there is available facility space and does not affect current users. This amount of time also allows time to get any additional city and state permits that may be needed.
The Concord Parks & Recreation Department follows this process when scheduling all city athletic fields. This process has been in place since 2001 and has been approved by the Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee, Concord City Council and the Concord School Board.