Exemption for Solar Energy Systems
(RSA 72:62, I)
The Solar energy systems exemption (solar) is available to residential, commercial, and industrial Concord/Penacook properties. The exemption is for properties with a solar energy system which utilizes solar energy to heat or cool the interior of a building, or to heat water for use in a building and which includes one or more collectors and a storage container. Solar energy system also means a system which provides electricity for a building using photovoltaic panels. The property tax exemption shall be in the amount equal to 100% of the actual assessed value of the qualifying equipment as defined in RSA 71:61, I. Property owners wishing to receive the exemption are required to apply and qualify for the exemption under state law and must file a Permanent Application (State form PA-29) (PDF) with the Assessing Department by April 15th.
- The applicant is the owner of the property on April 1st of application year
- The applicant must own the real estate which is equipped with a solar energy system
- The exemption does not apply to those properties that generate electricity for resale
- The solar energy system must be installed and operational as of April 1st of application year
- If your property is held in a trust, you must supply a copy of the trust instrument and "A Statement of Qualification" (PA-33 (PDF)) must be completed and submitted with documents. (all documents submitted shall be handled to protect the privacy of the applicant)
Submit a copy of the complete signed solar system contract along with the Permanent Application .