Blind Exemption (RSA 72:37)
A Concord or Penacook resident who is legally blind as determined by the Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, Department of Education shall be exempt each year of the assessed value, for property tax purposes, of his or her residential real estate to the value of $120,234.
A certification letter from State of New Hampshire Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired must be submitted with a Permanent Application State form PA-29 (PDF) to the Assessing Department.
If your property is held in a trust, you must supply a copy of the trust instrument and "A Statement of Qualification" (PA-33) (PDF) must be completed and submitted with documents. (All documents submitted shall be handled to protect the privacy of the applicant).
Applications may be obtained from the Assessing Office and must be filed by April 15th.
- Applies only to residential property
- Applicant must be determined legally blind by NH Services for the Blind
- Principal place of abode
- Owner of the property on April 1st of application year
- Exemption: $120,234 reduction from the assessed value
- Notify Assessor's Office of any change of address
Certification letters to be obtained from:
Services for Blind and Visually Impaired
Department of Education
21 South Fruit Street, Suite 20
Concord, NH 03301
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.