The Architectural Design Review Committee (ADRC) is a subcommittee of the Planning Board. They advise the Board on the design of architecture, lighting, landscaping, site layout, and signage.
The ADRC is comprised of Concord residents with expertise in architecture, graphic design, landscape architecture, and historic preservation. The Planning Board relies on the committee to help improve the appearance of Concord’s built environment, and often incorporates ADRC recommendations as conditions of Design Review approval.
Architectural Design Review is a requirement for the following applications and/or permits:
- Major Site Plan applications
- Cluster Subdivisions
- Exterior building modifications within performance districts
- Signs as required by Article 28-6-9(f) of the Zoning Ordinance
- Manufactured housing parks requiring Conditional Use Permits
- Wireless telecommunication towers
Applicants may request a preliminary consultation with the ADRC prior to filing a formal application. Please contact the Planning Division to schedule a pre-application consultation with the ADRC.
The ADRC page includes the ADRC member list, agendas, and minutes from recent meetings.